University of Louisville, 2007-2012.
As a doctoral graduate student and adjust instructor in the Rhetoric and Composition program at the University of Louisville, I taught undergraduate writing courses including: First Year Composition, Business and Professional Writing, Introduction to Literature for Non-Majors, and British Literature. I also co-edited an award-winning scholarly collection, published five articles and/or chapters, and gave more than thirty conference presentations.And I served for a year as an Assistant Director of Composition, and eighteen months as the Assistant Director of the Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition.
- Co-edited a peer-reviewed collection of born-digital scholarship (The New Work of Composing) with two leading scholars in my field. The collection was awarded the “Computers and Composition Outstanding Book Award” for 2012.
- Designed and taught dozens of discrete composition sections focusing primarily on writing and technology, as well as corresponding syllabi, assignment descriptions, study guides, and tutorials. Courses included: First Year Composition, Business and Professional Writing, Introduction to Literature for Non-Majors, British Literature, and Multimodal Composition.
- Authored or co-authored five articles and/or chapters published in peer-reviewed, academic journals and collections.
- Presented more than thirty papers at national and regional conferences in my field.
Assistant Director of Composition, 2008-2009
- As Assistant Director of Composition: Collaboratively supported a large number of writing instructors. Provided practical teaching ideas, syllabus development and compliance, student/instructor conflict resolution, teaching observations, and technology support.
Assistant Director, 2008 Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition, 2007-2008
- As Assistant Director of the Watson Conference Committee: Helped develop conference theme, hired an organization to conduct a large pre-conference workshop, coordinated public events at various Louisville locations, selected, invited, hired, and managed a large set of presenters and keynote speakers featured over several days.